Back from spring break in Jamaica and here are my top 8 tips to stay on track with your health and fitness goals while traveling!
1. Bring food for the day of travel and return trip. *Nuts/seeds work great to travel with as they typically can be taken out of the country through customs and provide excellent protein, carbs, fiber and healthy fats. Easy and portable.
2. Mindset tip: make a decision to be as healthy as possible on vacation and maintain your weight.
3. Limit alcohol, which can cause weight gain fast!
4. Strive for fresh fruit like mango and pineapple or melons among others for deserts instead of rich, fatty, deserts.
5. It may take a day or two, but strive to get into a new routine while traveling. Scout out the restaurants and shops that have healthy options.
6. If you slip, no worries, just get back on track the next meal or snack. Learn from each slip instead of all or nothing and guilt.
7. Make vacation more about feeling great, adventure and being active than just about getting stuffed and drinking, which doesn’t feel good.
8. Strive to exercise most days of the week and walk as much as possible.
There you go! My top 8 tips to stay fit on vacation!
Have a healthy day!